- We hire applicants solely based upon merit. We do not discriminate on the basis of union affiliation, race, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status.
- No employee is required to pay dues to any labor organization to join our company.
- We accept job applications even though no vacancies exist that we know of. When openings occur, we reserve the right to review applications already on file, prior to hiring in order of filing. Applications remain on file for 45 days and then expire. It is the applicant’s responsibility to fill out a new current application if they wish to apply again after any 45-day period.
- We do not accept group applications or photocopied forms. We hire based on personal contact with individuals so that we can make sound business judgments as to the most qualified applicants.
- Preference in hiring is given on the basis of: (a) our employees who were laid off; (b) former employees whose work was good; (c) applicants who have the necessary skills or who meet the experience requirements for the job; and (d) applicants who are willing to accept the wages of the vacancy.
- Employees are generally hired at a starter or beginner rate and must accept the rate of pay of the entry job.
- Information provided on the application may be investigated to confirm accuracy and completeness. Any applicant who falsifies or omits information on the application is disqualified from being hired. If the employee has been hired before the falsification or omission is discovered, he or she is subject to termination
- We base our hiring decisions on a variety of factors including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment with us, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willingness to accept the officered salary and personal interviews.
- All applicants to be considered must fill out applications on the Company provided application forms. Resumes or applications other than on Company provided forms will not be considered or retained. Application must be completely filled out or it will not be considered.
- The complete work history on any application must be completely filled out chronologically. Merely stating “references upon request” will not be accepted. Every employer must be individually listed and the date during which an applicant was employed by them is listed. The reason for leaving must be stated and must be truthful. If more space is needed, attach an additional sheet. If the job history is not completely and specifically listed, the application will not be retained.
- When qualifications are relatively equal, the date of receipt of the application will be considered.
- The Company reserves the right to give a job-related test and to ask for skills inventory.
- The Company has a zero-tolerance policy on drugs, alcohol and controlled substance due to safety consideration.
- No one in the Company, except the President, has the authority to make decisions on, and to make statements in respect to vacancies and hiring. This is to avoid any misunderstanding or misinformation. Employees do not have a contract unless it is in writing and signed by the President of the Company.
For questions or additional information regarding current opportunities, please e-mail us by clicking here.
Thank you for considering a career with Arrow Electric!